Up to £0.00 per annum
7 months ago
- Raytheon UK is seeking a Hardware and Systems Support Engineer as part of a programme engineering team to design and deliver new deployed systems within the Defence Intelligence domain. This role offers a highly skilled and motivated Hardware and System Support Engineer an exciting opportunity to join the Defence Intelligence Engineering team.
- We are seeking a Hardware Support Engine, willing and able to obtain the highest level of UK Security Clearances and not dual nationality
- The role involves working across the full systems engineering lifecycle from requirements analysis through design, build, test, acceptance and Live Operations . The role will include validating and verifying design artefacts from internal teams or subcontractors and supporting the integration and testing of the third party subsystem deliverables. There is also system transition and data migration to be supported alongside live operations.
- The successful candidate will find themselves working on programmes at various stages of the systems engineering lifecycle, gaining experience and an understanding of how Engineering and Raytheon operate. You will progressively develop technical, interpersonal, team working and other valuable skills that are fundamental to the business. Your capabilities will increase through both on the job work experience, and our commitment to continuous professional development.
- There will be an expectation that travel between Customer sites will be required for this role.
- Interact with Service Desk for the assignment, receipt, logging, validation, tracking and resolution of relevant incidents and service requests.
- Investigate, resolve and close Tier 1 and 2 (1st and 2nd Line) technical hardware and software issues, liaising and co-operating with configuration management and other parts of the team as required, and advising users on appropriate action.
- Manage the lifecycle of incidents and requests, prioritising incident responses and request fulfilment to ensure that all services are delivered in accordance with contractually agreed service levels and performance indicators.
- Provide regular progress and resolution feedback to users.
- Perform regular checks of system monitoring software and redirect alert notifications to relevant Tier 3/4 (3rd/4th Line) support personnel.
- Identify situations requiring urgent attention and escalate via appropriate channels.
- Providing Hardware maintenance and IT Support for the:
- Infrastructure components, i.e. the servers, workstations, storage and networks;
- Integration of the COTS software applications;
- Management of the security requirements through Active Directory policies, security software and writing System Operating Instructions.
- Implement the physical detailed design by building Servers, Windows workstations, configuring storage, network switches, installing COTS applications.
- Maintaining Systems Lock downs of the system using GAP and SCM generated Active Directory Group Policy Objects.
- Preparing and executing test scripts for the physical hardware.
- Analyse and resolve system hardware defects.
- Provide support to remote sites and RE (Geo).
- Participate in the 7-7 on call system as required.
- Solid grounding in the systems engineering lifecycle preferably with experience on large complex secure systems.
- A knowledge and understanding of ITIL functions, principles and processes.
- Proven track record in the maintenance of complex IT systems.
- Recent practical experience of successfully integrating COTS products.
- Knowledge of the integration of computer hardware including networking in a secure environment.
- Experience of the installation and configuration of Windows server software and Windows workstations.
- Expertise in the integration and configuration of COTS software to meet defined system requirements e.g. Sophos, LogRhythmn, Lumension Device Control, What's Up, MS Office, ESRI ArcGIS, ERDAS Imagine, BAE SOCET SET, Photoshop, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- Knowledge of using Active Directory and Group Policy Objects to define security requirements.
- Strong Windows system administration experience, covering Windows 7, 10 and Server 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019.
- Horizon 7 with VDI experience.
- VMware virtualisation experience
- Strong scripting capabilities using Powershell and/or Visual Basic.
- Experience of integrating engineering components from a subcontractor.
- Experienced implementing hardware integration projects.
- Problem analysis and resolution in a secure environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work out of hours on occasion.
- Microsoft certification.
- Experience of Ansible.
- Knowledge of or experience in DevOps.
- CISCO Certification.
- VMware NSX-T experience.
- A working knowledge of government IT Security environments and requirements including MoD JSPs (440 and 480), Safety and ILS practices and policies.
- Knowledge/experience of GIS and image processing application software.
- Knowledge of using Microsoft Security Compliance Manager 2.5 and GAP.
- Knowledge and experience in planning, designing and implementing system transition to include writing scripts and instructions, sequencing tasks, rehearsing and validating plans.
Data Migration experience.