Kingston Upon Hull, East Riding of Yorkshire
Up to £13.00 per hour
Vital Bristol Technology
4 months ago
Our client is one of the largest Industry, Energy, Healthcare, and Infrastructure companies and they are currently looking for a looking for 1st Line / 2nd Line IT Support Professional in Hull for a contract starting in June until November.
What are my responsibilities:
This is a full list for all the IT team members and therefore one person will perform many but not necessarily all of the responsibilities listed below :-
Be a Super Requestor / Coordinator acting on behalf of the Wind businesses in Hull, place requests for new IT services with the nominated suppliers, via their standard request processes, portals, Request for Change (RFC) forms. This will include coordinating all the IT elements of the new starter, Zero Touch Installation (ZTI) laptop builds & user account set-up & inductions, requests for Atos services as appropriate and act as Smarthands for remotely managed IT services
Assist with the Co-ordination of the issue of IT equipment and services to the new starters
Assist with the set-up of the local applications infrastructure environment.
Ensure the IT workplaces comply with the EHS safety procedures, especially those in the manufacturing area, eg the blade manufacture environment requires specific hazard awareness training & adherence
As an IT ambassador you will actively promote and help implement corporate (GS IT and WP) IT solutions acting as the local lead and linking between business & suppliers or central IT functions.
Administer and manage the IT assets and services user portals that drive the IT cost calculations, support the business in managing the volumetric based IT costs.
Procurement of hardware/software as required.
Administer the O2 account - used for mobile devices across the business.
Engage with external suppliers e.g. CIT-GS IT, Atos, Orange and O2 when required.
Be aware and understand the relevant elements of the Siemens corporate strategy for IT, CIT / GSS, Wind Denmark IT model for IT services.
Manage local stocks of IT hardware including ordering in alignment with business requirements.
Assist with the setup of new workplaces relating to IT hardware
Completes a range of professional duties, analyses and concepts pertaining to IT topics in general, reaching across several SJFs or not being defined there, according to defined targets and processes, in an assigned area of work, team or organizational unit.
* Identifies IT business goals, objectives and requirements of the business environment.
* Monitors IT performance and delivery indicators.
* Contributes and supports planning, budgeting, design, implementation, operation and/or maintenance of IT landscapes.
* Supports customization and specifications of modules and applications, and facilitates IT management processes.
* Advices business accountable management of the unit, in all IT related issues across the value chain or unter specific circumstances.
* Implements IT programs and procedures.
* May coordinate relevant unit and integration tests, and designs and documents new processes.
* Communicates with vendors and service providers on an accountable level to solve principle local IT problems, or cooperates with centralized IT in that respect.
* Drives principle IT change projects on-site or in the region.
* Supports change-release processes and implementation of IT security guidelines.
* Manages complex IT installations and updates; and completes integration to communication network.
* Identifies IT problems and seeks resolutions without impact to enduser.
* May perform 2nd-level user help desk activities, individual coaching and trainings and be involved in enduser engagement.
* Keeps abreast of developments in industry regarding IT trends and technologies.
* Typically reports to an IT Manager or Team Leader.
What do I need to qualify for this role:
- Good organizational skills with a methodical approach.
- Experience working within a fast-paced IT Support role.
- Knowledge and experience of Windows 7 & 10 and Office 365/2016.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer facing skills and to interact positively at all levels.
- Work professionally & confidently in a manufacturing environment & adhere to strong safety procedures.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Ability to work well within a team and independently with a flexible approach to work.
- Possess a good positive attitude and work ethic.
If you do not hear from us within seven days, then your application has not been successful on this occasion. We may however keep your details on file for any suitable future vacancies and contact you accordingly.