Hinkley Point C will be one of the largest infrastructure construction schemes in Europe. Construction will commence shortly with Bouygues TP and Laing O’Rourke (BYLOR), two of Europe’s most dynamic engineering and construction specialists, working together in joint venture to deliver many of the key structures. But who are Bouygues? We give you the facts:
120,000 employees in 100 countries, generating 32.428 billion euros in revenue.
- Broomfield Hospital
- St Paul’s Way Trust School
- Brewery Square
Home Office – Westminster, London, UK
Bouygues worked on the first new government building to be delivered in central London in a decade – the home office. It took the company only 34 months to finish constructing the building which is now home to thousands of public sector officials. The building is located in Westminster, London. Bouygues was awarded an ‘excellent’ rating from BREEAM, on this project.
To ensure the building was done on time and within the budget, Bouygues used techniques such as ‘hybrid construction’ which is fast track construction. Bouygues worked very closely with the client to make sure the building and design was exactly what they wanted and needed.
- Committed to reducing waste
- World-leading innovation capability
- Ecosite: recognising exemplary sustainable development
- Improving site energy efficiency
- Healthier employees = safer sites
- Championing language study
- Women in construction
- Getting young people into construction
- Considerate Constructors Award 2011 – Bronze
- BREEAM: Very Good, Considerate Constructors Scheme Silver Award
- Best Built Project – Community Scale Scheme, Mayor’s London Planning Awards. BREEAM 2006 Excellent
- BREEAM Rating: Excellent (The Home Office)