IR35 legislation is changing, as the same ‘off-payroll rules’ that have impacted the public sector since 2017 are to now affect private sector businesses and contractors.
The April 2020 implementation date may not yet be on businesses radar, but in order to prepare, affected businesses must begin auditing their entire contractor workforce as soon as possible. From this date, the responsibility for determining IR35 employment status moves from the worker to the employer.
As such, businesses will become responsible for assessing the employment status of individuals and determining whether the rules apply. Employers should take steps now to ensure that they are ready for the changes well in advance of April 2020, and to also avoid a blanket decision that some employers took in the public sector of deeming all their contractors ‘caught’ by IR35.
Alongside our two specialist partners, Champion Contractors and Weightmans LLP, Morson are producing a series of interactive seminars aimed at supporting our clients, to ensure businesses are fully prepared in advance of the changes and are compliant with the new rules.
Our FREE interactive forum will be held on:
LONDON | Tuesday 26th March, 10am til 12pm, Southwark Street, London, SE1 0JF
The presentation will provide an introduction to IR35, how the changes will impact your business and what you need to do to support your contractor workforce and ensure your organisations compliance. The session will be dedicated to open discussion, questions and knowledge sharing.
Our presenters will cover:
- How to avoid costly legal challenges to employment status.
- Ensuring your contractors are compliant to avoid legal challenges.
- Reducing the numbers of contractors that leave and increasing the numbers that want to work for your organisation.
- Liaising with current contractor population to provide a consistent and compliant message.
- Getting equipped with the right tools and partners to compliantly support your organisation and contractor workforce.