With construction and development already in motion, be part of the UK’s catalyst for growth and check out the top jobs on HS2 that you can apply for right now.
Average salary – £48-68k These figures are intended as a guideline only.
Why is it a top job? As a Project Manager you will work to shape, influence and develop the vision of high impact sectors and projects, focusing on innovation and supporting the delivery of an iconic infrastructure programme.
- Managing scope, schedule, budget, cost, quality and Health and Safety targets
- Negotiate, procure and authorise all relevant project contracts
- Report project progress
- Oversee risk management
- Proven project management track record in delivery in the heavy civils sector
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organisation skills and a proven ability to work under pressure and meet multiple deadlines.
Average salary: £35-65k These figures are intended as a guideline only.
An HS2 Area Engineer works as part of a team to design and build the railway. The job is varied. Mainly it involves making decisions about the technical designs of the structures that will be part of the railway. Engineers also meet local communities to explain the design of the project to answer questions and address concerns.
- Review and co-ordinate technical designs
- Meeting local communities to address concerns
- Meeting legal experts to prepare information for government
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to make judgements based on technical information
- Ability to translate technical information to communities
Average salary: £40-55k These figures are intended as a guideline only.
Environmental Managers look at how infrastructure affects the environment. On HS2, they will lead in formulating, implementing and managing a strategy for long-term sustainability.
- Influence route design and planning
- Managing compliance with environmental regulations
- Communication with the public and community engagement
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience of managing environmental assessment
- Proven knowledge of EU and UK environment legislation
During the lifecycle of the project, the top jobs on HS2 will not just focus around construction and engineering roles. As the project progresses there will be ample opportunity for professionals from finance and HR to marketing and customer service backgrounds.
So, do you want to pursue a career in high speed rail? Take a look at our latest job listings for more information. Or, to start a career in rail and for training requirements, visit MVT www.morson.com/mvt.